E-visa is an electronic authorization which is provided by the government of India for the foreigners who are traveling to India for the following purposes namely; tourism, business meeting, conference, short term medical treatment and as a medical attendant.
The passengers should carry their valid passport and also a print out of the approval letter, which will be sent to their email, before leaving the respective the country they are traveling from.
Fast Track Processing:
Fast Track Processing is basically "Urgent processing". The applicant can use this facility by paying additional charges in case he has an urgent journey or work.Your travel date must be at least 72 hours from the time you submit the application.
It is very important to understand that once an application is submitted then you must not submit another application against the same passport number.
All applications shall be rejected by the Government of India due to duplicity. It is strictly advised to complete only one application & not submit more than one application. If your previous visa is still valid you shall not be granted any other visa against the same passport.
Once your visa or application is submitted is granted against a passport, it cannot be refunded, amended or cancelled. Applicants are advised to be very careful about the details & must review before finally making the payment.
If there is any query about the duplicity then you should contact immediately on 24/7 customer care number.
The e-visa is valid for 180days from the date of arrival. It should be checked within its period of validity.The e-visa is valid for only two entries if the purpose of traveling is Tourism or Business & it is valid for three entries in case of traveling for Medical purpose, from the date of the first arrival in India.A person can apply for the e-visa for Maximum of three times in a calendar year.E-Visa is valid for entry through 28 designated Airports i.e.:( Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Cochin, Goa, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Gaya, Jaipur, Lucknow, Trichy, Varanasi, Calicut, Mangalore, Pune, Nagpur, Coimbatore, Bagdogra, Guwahati, Chandigarh, Visakhapatnam, Madurai, Bhubaneswar, Port Blair ) & 5 designated seaports i.e.: ( Mumbai, Chennai, Cochin, Mormugao & New Mangalore ) . The foreigner can take exit from any authorized immigration check posts (ICPs) in India.
List of Countries eligible for Indian e Visa:
Click here to view the complete list
Antigua & Barbuda
Bosnia & Herzegovina
China- SAR Hongkong
China- SAR Macau
Papua New Guinea
Republic of Korea
Republic of Macedonia
Saint Christopher & Nevis
Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
- The Passport should be valid for a period of at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India.
- The Passport should contain at least two blank spaces to cater for the stamping needed to be done by the immigration officer.
- International travellers are required to carry a return ticket in case it is required to be shown if asked at the airport.
- The Tourists should carry sufficient money to spend during their stay in India.
- In the case of e-Business visa, the traveller should carry his /her business card or letter from the company.
- In the case of e-Medical visa, the patient should carry the reference letter from the hospital where the treatment is to be carried out.
The travellers from Eligible countries are requested to apply online minimum of 4 days in advance of the date of arrival within a time of 180days.
- This facility cannot be availed by the citizens of Pakistan, they should apply through the Local Embassy.
- This facility can be availed on an ordinary passport only.
This facility is not available for the travel documents, diplomatic holders or official holders.
- Only one application can be filed against one passport. Every person should apply separately to their passport.
- The Delivery time is not applicable for Chinese & Sri Lankan passport holders. In the case of fast track processing, the delivery time is 5 business days & in case of normal processing, the time will be 10 business days.